There are a number of reasons why moss might be growing in your yard, ranging from shady areas that never truly dry out to a nutrient imbalance in your lawn’s soil.
A quick Internet search will show you that there are dozens, if not hundreds, of different moss control products on the market today. The majority of these products are effective at killing the moss by burning it; however, if you do not alter the conditions that the moss initially grew in or modify the soil’s texture, it will regrow itself.
- Scotts MossEx kills moss, not lawns and helps develop thick grass
- Best applied during winter or spring when the lawn is moist and tall grass has been mowed to expose...
- This moss control product also contains nutrients to green your lawn
- Apply using a Scotts broadcast, rotary, drop, or Wizz spreader
Scotts developed their Moss Control to treat the source of the problem instead of just the symptoms. Not only will the moss control granules kill the existing moss, but the pellets also contain various nutrients that were selected for their ability to strengthen your lawn and encourage its growth.
As with all of their products, Scotts offers a satisfaction guarantee on their moss control granules.
If the product doesn’t work as advertised, you will receive your money back – no questions asked. The good news is that customers have rarely had to take advantage of this offer.
Read on to find out more about what Scotts Moss Control have to offer!
- It effectively kills moss without affecting young, growing grass.
- The granules provide more surface coverage than liquid moss killers.
- Results can be achieved in as little as 24 to 48 hours.
- Consumers have stated that multiple applications are needed to be 100% effective.
- Scotts Moss Control are formulated to kill moss, but will not damage your lawn.
- The active “killing” agent in this formula is 17.5% ferrous sulfate monohydrate.
- The formula contains iron, as well as other nutrients, to nourish grass, but does not include any active fertilizers.
- This product is designed to be used only with landscapes and should not be applied to hardscapes.
The Scotts Moss Control is available in two different sizes: 1,250 sq feet and 5,000 sq feet.
The active agent in its formula is 17.5% ferrous sulfate monohydrate, which is the ingredient responsible for killing the moss. Although Scotts has not disclosed a list of the nutrients it claims the formula has, it is known that the granules are fortified with iron, which is a nutrient that is beneficial to young grass.
Moreover, this formula does not include any active fertilizers.
Using Scotts Moss Control is a straightforward process. Because of the ingredients, it contains, Scotts discourages users from using a handheld spreader to distribute the product, but it can be safely used with broadcast and drop spreaders.
When working with this product, protective equipment, including long sleeved shirts, closed toed shoes, and gloves should be worn.
The granules should only be applied to landscapes. They are not formulated for safe use with hardscapes.
It can be used any time of the year when moss is growing, but users should wait 2 to 4 weeks between applications to avoid inadvertently damaging their lawns.
To use, the control granules should be applied to a moist or dry lawn. When disease has been suspected or noted, the product should be applied at a preventative rate.
To only suppress disease, it should be used at the standard rate. Immediately after the product has been applied, the ground should be thoroughly watered.
Many users have noted that the granules assume a darker color once they have been activated and are starting to work. Scotts cautions that three or four applications may be required for suppression all season long.
The product should not be applied to new grass until it has been mowed a minimum of four times.
Although reviews for this product have been mostly positive, there have been a few minor complaints.
First and foremost, Scotts Moss Control do have a higher price tag than other comparable products. Secondly, some users stated that this product failed to kill their moss at all; although, the failure to do so could be attributed to a number of factors and not just the quality of the product.
Some experienced moderate success with the product, but not as much as they would have liked.
Thanks for Reading!
The Scotts Moss Control is an effective product that achieves its intended purpose. With the satisfaction guarantee offered by Scotts, there is nothing to lose by buying it, and as an added bonus, your lawn will be well-nourished.
Last update on 2023-04-01 / Affiliate links / Somes Images and Data from Amazon Product Advertising API